Eight Week Kitchen Hand Certificate
Incorporating the Highfield Level 2 Certificate for Kitchen Assistants (RQF)
Course dates available on request.
The ChefMLK School of Cooking Main Campus is based in Glen Marais, Kempton Park and is ideally situated in Ekurhuleni and accessible by both public and private transport. The School does not offer accommodation.
Applicants are required to be 16 years of age and have a sound foundation in English Literacy and basic numeracy.
This qualification requires both academic and practical modules to be completed. The trainee Kitchen Assistant will spend the majority of class time in the kitchen and focus on the theoretical component as home-study. The Trainee will also complete a week gaining active practical work experience as part of this course. This placement is arranged and monitored by ChefMLK School of Cooking lecturers with a network of professional partners.
Email email@example.com for an application form, or download the PDF below.
Included in course fee
- Chef uniform items (2 x jackets, 2 x trousers, 2 x aprons, 1 x beanie, 1 x neck tie and 1 pair of safety shoes)
- Basic knife set
- Highfield Registration fee
- Study Guide and Work Book
- Highfield Qualifications portfolio (electronic only)
- Resource materials and ingredients for ChefMLK School of Cooking practical assessments
- ChefMLK School of Cooking Resource File
- Basic on-site First Aid provided by ChefMLK School of Cooking lecturers
Excluded from course fee
- Transportation to and from School and Industry Placement
- All stationary requirements
- Replacement uniform items or knives
- Tasting spoons and kitchen cloths (items are to be personalized)
- Meals and refreshments at the School and Industry Placement
- Printing of personal POE material and assignments
- Costs incurred due to breakages and damage to ChefMLK School of Cooking property
- Computer and Wi-Fi facilities
- Professional Medical Assistance and related costs