3 Year Occupational Certificate Chef
incorporating the following:
City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate In Food Preparation & Cooking
City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Culinary Arts
Course commences for Group A on 1 Feb 2021 until 1 Dec 2023 and for Group B on 3 May 2021 until 29 Mar 2024
The ChefMLK School of Cooking Main Campus is based in Glen Marais, Kempton Park and is ideally situated in Ekurhuleni and accessible by both public and private transport. The School does not offer accommodation.
ChefMLK School of Cooking offer applicants the opportunity to register for a three year course which will meet the qualification requirements of the City & Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking (Level 1), Certificate in Culinary Arts (Level 2) and is aligned to the Chef requirements of the new South African trade qualification (QCTO).
Applicants are required to be in possession of a Grade 12 or National Senior Certificate, a Senior National Certificate or a National Certificate (Vocational) with Mathematics and English. Foreign applicants must have a Study Permit.
The qualification requires both academic and practical work experience modules to be completed in the course duration. These placement periods are arranged and monitored by ChefMLK School of Cooking with a network of professional partners.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, or download the PDF below.
Included in course fee
Compulsory additional cost (Cook Certificate) – payable upon registration
- Chef uniform items (3 x jackets, 2 x trousers, 3 x aprons, 2 x beanies, 2 x neck ties, 1 x golf shirt and 1 pair of safety shoes)
- Basic knife set and knife roll
- Basic Fire training
- Basic First Aid training
Compulsory additional cost (Chef Certificate) – payable in March 2021
- Chef uniform items (2 x jackets, 2 x trousers, 3 x aprons, 2 x beanies, 2 x neck ties and 1 pair of safety shoes)
- Cape Wine Academy Certificate Wine Course
- City & Guilds Registration and Exam fee
- Resource materials and ingredients for ChefMLK School of Cooking practical assessments
- Study Guides and Log Books
- ChefMLK School of Cooking Resource files
- City & Guilds Portfolios
- South African Chefs’ Association membership (3 years)
- Bill Gallagher autobiography
- Basic on-site First Aid provided by ChefMLK lecturers
Excluded from course fee
- Occupational Trade Test fees (pending confirmation by QCTO)
- Transportation to and from School and Industry Placement
- All stationary requirements
- Replacement uniform items or knives
- Tasting spoons and kitchen cloths (items are to be personalized)
- Meals and refreshments at the School and Industry Placement
- Printing of personal POE material and assignments
- Industry visits and excursion costs
- Costs incurred due to breakages and damage to ChefMLK School of Cooking property
- Computer and Wi-Fi facilities
- Professional Medical Assistance and related costs
- Renewal First Aid and Basic Fire course (after 2 years)