Eighteen Month Cook Certificate
incorporating the City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Food Preparation & Cooking
Course commences for Group A on 1 Feb 2021 until 26 Aug 2022 and for Group B on 3 May 2021 until 25 Nov 2022
The ChefMLK School of Cooking Main Campus is based in Glen Marais, Kempton Park and is ideally situated in Ekurhuleni and accessible by both public and private transport. The School does not offer accommodation.
ChefMLK School of Cooking offer applicants the opportunity to register for an eighteen month course which will meet the qualification requirements of the City & Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation and Cooking (Level 1), and is aligned to the Cook requirements of the new South African trade qualification (QCTO).
Applicants are required to be in possession of a Grade 11 with Mathematics and English for the Cook Certificate and Grade 12 for the Chef Diploma. Foreign applicants must have a Study Permit.
The qualification requires both academic and practical work experience modules to be completed in the course duration. These placement periods are arranged and monitored by ChefMLK School of Cooking with a network of professional partners.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, or download the PDF below.
Included in course fee
Compulsory additional cost – payable upon registration
- Chef uniform items (3 x jackets, 2 x trousers, 3 x aprons, 2 x beanies, 2 x neck ties, 1 x golf shirt and 1 pair of safety shoes)
- Basic professional knife set and knife roll
- Accredited Basic Fire training
- Accredited Basic First Aid training
- City & Guilds Registration and Exam fee
- Resource materials and ingredients for ChefMLK School of Cooking practical assessments
- Study Guides and Log Books
- ChefMLK School of Cooking Resource File
- City & Guilds Portfolio
- South African Chefs’ Association membership (1 year)
- Bill Gallagher autobiography
- Basic on-site First Aid provided by ChefMLK School of Cooking lecturers
Excluded from course fee
- Occupational Trade Test fees (pending confirmation by QCTO)
- Transportation to and from School and Industry Placement
- All stationary requirements
- Replacement uniform items or knives
- Tasting spoons and kitchen cloths (items are to be personalized)
- Meals and refreshments at the School and Industry Placement
- Printing of personal POE material and assignments
- Industry visits and excursion costs
- Costs incurred due to breakages and damage to ChefMLK School of Cooking property
- Computer and Wi-Fi facilities
- Professional Medical Assistance and related costs