3 Year Occupational Certificate Chef
Incorporating the following:
Highfield Level 2 Diploma for Professional Cooks (RQF)
Highfield Level 3 Diploma for Professional Chefs (RQF)
Courses commence in February and July
The ChefMLK School of Cooking Main Campus is based in Glen Marais, Kempton Park and is ideally situated in Ekurhuleni and accessible by both public and private transport. The School does not offer accommodation.
ChefMLK School of Cooking offer applicants the opportunity to register for a three year course which will meet the qualification requirements of the nominated Highfield Qualifications Diplomas and is aligned to the Chef requirements of the new South African trade qualification (QCTO).
Applicants are required to be in possession of Grade 10 with Mathematics and English for the Cook and Chef Certificate courses. Foreign applicants must have a Study Permit.
The qualification requires both academic and practical work experience modules to be completed in the course duration. These placement periods are arranged and monitored by ChefMLK School of Cooking with a network of professional partners.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form, or download the PDF below.
Included in course fee
Uniform items (Cook Certificate) – payable upon registration
- Chef uniform items (3 x jackets, 2 x trousers, 3 x aprons, 2 x beanies, 2 x neck ties, 1 x golf shirt and 1 pair of safety shoes)
- Basic knife set and knife roll
Uniform items (Chef Certificate) – payable before 2nd phase of training
- Chef uniform items (2 x jackets, 2 x trousers, 3 x aprons, 2 x beanies, 2 x neck ties and 1 pair of safety shoes)
- Basic Garnishing Tool kit
- Highfield Registration and Exam fee
- Resource materials and ingredients for ChefMLK School of Cooking practical assessments
- Study Guides, Work Books and Log Books
- ChefMLK School of Cooking Resource files
- QCTO / Highfield Qualifications Portfolio
- South African Chefs’ Association membership (3 years)
- SA Culinary and Hospitality Educators Forum membership (1 year)
- Bill Gallagher autobiography
- Basic on-site First Aid provided by ChefMLK lecturers
Excluded from course fee
- Occupational Trade Test fees (pending confirmation by Trade Test Centres)
- Transportation to and from School and Industry Placement
- All stationary requirements
- Replacement uniform items or knives
- Tasting spoons and kitchen cloths (items are to be personalized)
- Meals and refreshments at the School and Industry Placement
- Printing of personal POE material and assignments
- Industry visits and excursion costs
- Costs incurred due to breakages and damage to ChefMLK School of Cooking property
- Computer access and storage devices for portfolio evidence and Wi-Fi facilities
- Professional Medical Assistance and related costs
- Renewal First Aid and Basic Fire courses
- Renewal of professional body memberships